Our typical engineering and design request goes through these four stages.
1. SCHEMATIC DESIGN DEVELOPMENT PHASE:
2. DESIGN DEVELOPMENT PHASE:
- Three coordinated meetings to determine requirements for low voltage and AV systems.
- Develop narrative programming the functional role of the AV systems in the required spaces as well as budget.
- Development of floor plan, show device locations.
- Coordinate with/assist Electrical Engineer with detailing AV locations, power and low voltage conduit requirements.
- Develop preliminary one line diagrams and rack elevations.
3. CONSTRUCTION DOCUMENT PHASE:
Primary purpose is to define and describe all important aspects of the project so that all that remains is the formal documentation step of
construction contract documents.
- Technical aspects of materials and building systems, finalize space and function to a great degree, the primary achievement is to enable the
Client to understand how the AV project will function as well as give more detail about what it will look like.
- The period when all the issues left unresolved at the end of schematic design can be worked out, and at a scale that minimizes the
possibility of major modifications during the construction documents phase. It is also the period in which the design itself achieves the
refinement and coordination necessary for a really polished product
- Tasks include giving a presentation of the proposed AV Solution(s), preliminary drawings, equipment layout, critical coordination clearance,
mechanical and acoustical specifications and visual impacts
4. CONSTRUCTION ADMINISTRATION:
Development of detailed one line diagrams for complete AV systems.
- Development of construction details required for AV fixture structural mounting preparation.
- Detail development for wall and floor panel/box layout.
- Develop a complete specification and equipment schedule.
- Meeting and conference participation with general contractor, architect, owner’s representative and other team members.
Attend preliminary meetings with bidders as required.
- Generate and respond to correspondence pertaining to the bids as required.
- Review and analyze bid proposals as required.
- Prepare a written analysis of bid proposals, including recommendations.
- Review and approve shop drawings, materials, and equipment submissions for conformance with design intent and compliance with the
- Conduct site visits during construction phase to inspect construction affecting acoustical environments.
- Assist contractor/fabricator or other consultants in clarification of documents.
- Provide periodic inspection of work in progress at vendors’ fabrication facility and at the site.
- Answer all installer questions and issue directives to resolve on-site issues.
- Supervise testing and balancing of the system.
- Inspect the completed installation and issue punch list of deficiencies.
Once we complete your design we'll deliver the following:
Full size CAD drawings
- Equipment list
- Where to buy gear
- Recommended installers near you
- Narrative on how the room will be used
- Basic user manual